New Years Day is one of those lazy days, for eating, and cozying up on the couch. Netflix has some great movies coming to our screens on January 1st, and honestly, I can’t think of any better way to start off the new year than lazing around in my PJs watching films. We’ve compiled a few lists of the films that will arrive on Netflix on New Years Day, to make it easy for you to plan your day around them.
Family Friendly Classics
- Annie (1982) – The classic musical story of a young curly-haired orphan who finds a new family.
- Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971) – Another classic, Roald Dahl’s tale about a young boy, his grandpa, and chocolate.
- Nacho Libre (2006) – A family comedy about a Mexican monk who becomes a wrestler to raise money for his orphanage.
Animated Family Friendly Movies
- Rise of The Guardians (2012) – A beautiful story in which Jack Frost, the Easter Bunny, Sandman, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy get together to defeat the boogeyman.
- Happy Feet (2006) – A penguin who dances. Adorable.
- Monsters vs. Aliens (2009) – A hilarious sci-fi animation. Susan is hit by a meteorite, grows extremely tall, and joins a team of monsters to fight an alien threat.
- Paranormal Activity (2007) – Found-footage style supernatural horror
- Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark (2019) – Three friends find a notebook full of terrifying stories that seem to be coming true. P
- 1BR (2019) – Pretty young girl, new apartment, nighttime noises, missing cat… What could go wrong?
- 300 (2006) – 300 Spartan men go to war with the Persian army.
- Hell or High Water (2016) – Two brothers try to save their ranch by any means necessary.
- Jonah Hex (2010) – A supernatural bounty hunter tries to stop his oldest enemy from unleashing hell on Earth.
- The Lost Boys (1987) – A family relocates to Santa Carla only to discover that the town is crawling with vampires.
- The NeverEnding Story (1984) – Ok this could have gone in the family classics list, but it’s so 80s!
- Gremlins (1984) – Never feed him after midnight.
What will you watch? Share in comments!